Friday, October 24, 2008

WSR Intro: The Current State Of My Weight

I am stealing PastaQueen’s model of reporting stats because she is such an inspiration to me in this endeavor. She’s trod the path and come out on the other side half her size. Imitation is the sincerest yada, yada, yada. She should be extremely flattered.

Height: 5'7"
Age: 40

Starting Weight: 370 lbs
Goal Weight: 170 lbs

Current Weight: 308 lbs
Pounds Lost: 62 lbs
Pounds Left To Lose: 138 lbs

Percent Weight Lost: 16.8%

Starting BMI: 57.9
Current BMI: 48.2
BMI Lost: 9.7

As you can see I am nearly one-third of the way to my goal weight. That is pretty darned successful, right?

The single most important thing that I have learned in this process is that I simply have to do what I can do today. If I can do that, then I will reach my goal. Focusing on today is a far less daunting task than facing the prospect of shedding 200 excess pounds.

And that in a nutshell is where I currently am at in this process. I couldn’t be more proud of myself. And quite frankly I am also completely stunned at what I’ve achieved so far. It is mind boggling that this former sedentary couch potato who constantly sucked down mountains of high fat, sugar laden foods is now 62 pounds lighter and a whole lot fitter than she was at the start of this year.

Now that I know that the train has officially left the station and is chugging down those tracks slowly and surely towards the destination I feel confident that blogging this journey is the right thing to do. I want a record of this to really see what I think and feel every step of the way.

Official weekly stats reporting will be on Monday. So, I may have even more of a loss to officially report in a few days. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!