Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Things To Do: Eat!

Yesterday, I somehow only wound up eating 860 calories and I only ate 1027 on Monday. That is not good. I know I must eat at least 1200 calories per day to avoid the dreaded starvation mode in which I just won't lose weight at all because my body will greedily hang on to every bit of calories that I do give it. I've been averaging around 21-23 points on Weight Watchers for the past 6 weeks or so. I am currently allotted 35 points a day, but I have been getting by on a lot less.

I think in my zeal to get to a sub-300 number on the scale I have been cutting back too much and it is starting to affect me. This morning on the bus I was feeling quite faint and a little nauseous. I thought I was going to pass out. I've learned my lesson.

The scale dipped .4 pounds this morning, but I know if I were eating enough I would have lost more this week and seen something in the 297-299 range instead of hanging on around 301.

So I am eating more today. I am going to eat around 1500 calories (30 WW points) to get my body back to a normal blood sugar level. I want to lose weight, but I also want to be healthy while doing it. Making myself sick is not on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!