I have recently developed a love for Twitter. I've been reading different people and slowly gotten into tweeting myself. Today I found that Jillian Michaels has a Twitter account and I am in quote heaven.
These are some of my favorites:
- Shedding pounds isn't just a walk in the park. If you want to drop serious pounds and KEEP them off, you NEED to exercise. TWIM: I wish this weren't totally 100% true. Exercise is some hard, freaking work!
- Clear out your cabinets! Get rid of the junkfood - if you have it around, you'll eat it. Dump the junk and you won't be tempted. TWIM: I got rid of all food at home. I can't overeat if it doesn't exist. It is one of the best decisions I ever made.
- Each time you reach for food, ask yourself why? Once you know why you're eating too much, you can stop the sabotage and achieve your goals! TWIM: It is a lifestyle!
- When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the, "I still have more to go", crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! TWIM: I do this all the time. I.MUST.STOP.NOW.
- Walk! Once you've got your gym routine down, burn a few extra calories by walking whenever you can. You'll burn calories and save gas! TWIM: Walking is the easiest and cheapest form of exercise. Just do it!
- Learn your labels! Start comparing, and try to find the highest protein and dietary fiber, and the lowest carbs and fats. TWIM: Putting good things in your body really does help you find the energy to stay on course with a real program.
- Listen to your body! Learn to analyze your cravings and satisfy those needs with something healthy. Need a sweet - grab a piece of fruit! TWIM: I have adapted this over the past 9 months or so. Fruit is almost negligible in your daily calorie totals and it is SO good for you.