Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DDDYC P4: I'm Still In This

Hey.  I wanted to let everyone know that I am still doing the Challenge even though I have not been updating my food logs daily.  And if I don't visit your blog don't take offense.  I am just not in an overly chatty mood.

The cold weather is messing with my mood and my appetite.  I made some temporary changes (until Houston returns to normal, warmer weather later in the week) and flipped my eating to where I can have breakfast for dinner to satiate the insane hunger that is going on.  I don't know why but I have a hard time wanting to stay on track when it is cold.  I've got hunger and cravings galore.  I'm not giving in to them, but they are seriously starting to be a pain in my ass.

As of this evening, Houston is supposed to return to the mid 60s by Saturday so I am hoping to get back on my normal schedule by then.

And the breakroom/kitchen at work?  Today, strawberry and cream cheese danishes and two boxes of donuts showed up.  All I want is to refill my water glass and I get ambushed by this crap.  This insanity is just not helping the mood or the cravings either.

12 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Cold, cloudy weather causes me to want to eat the world. It is hard to resist those urges.

Hang tough, girl. The sunshine and warmer temps will be back, soon.

Tammy said...

Who the heck is bringing all the treats in the office in January no less? Come on already! You're strong and will overcome those cravings. Hope the weather changes soon. For me, being 10 miles just North of Seattle, we're looking at rain for the rest of the week. Last night dumped about six inches of snow, but just about all is melted away and flowing down the streets. Looking forward to...hmmm...July.

Brett said...

Chicago....what can I say? Maybe I'm fat because I live here :-)

PJ Geek said...

My husband brought home a box of Dunkin donuts--I hit the roof and begged him to put them up out of my reach in the cabinet. oy

Twix said...

Thank god! I thought I was alone going through this. :) This cold has thrown me all out of whack. I finally braved the store tonight and got groceries just for me. Stuff that I know I can eat and won't trigger the munchie monster. It's bad enough the weather has me wanting to eat enough food to crawl under the blanket and hibernate till late spring. Beat the donut toting fool by bring in 5lbs of baby carrots on an artfully decorated tray. heehee

the strawberry said...

I feel your pain on the breakroom dilemma.. ours is ALWAYS stocked with that junk. Before we started the BL challenge, coworkers would even bring a stash into our area. Oy.

I hope your mood is brighter soon, I know what you mean about weather bringing on stuff like that. I think part of it is wanting something warm, and part of it is pure boredom because we can't get outside much. It'll turn around soon!

Plump Nonfiction said...

Cold weather is such a downer. I'm dreaming of spring.

Good job on passing up the extra food you crave. It will all be worth it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Good idea to flip your breakfast and dinner around! I think we would consider your current temp to be a heatwave here ;)

How I'm Losing It said...

Hang in there! It was 14 degrees here last night!! Focusfocusfocus! I hate the cold too, so keeping myself busy helps keep me out of the kitchen.

I've given you a blog award....

http://how-i-am-losing-it.blogspot.com/2011/01/145-passing-on-blog-award.html

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Can you take water bottles for a short while until your appetite goes down--so you can avoid the temptation area?

Thanks for the visit. It means EVEN MORE knowing you're not "chatty" and you still dropped by yesterday. Thanks. :*

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

So ready for some warmer temps. This is insane.

Sorry you are having to deal with the hunger and cravings.

sports league said...

nfl jerseys free shipping
cheap nhl jerseys

Post a Comment

Talk to me!