Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday: Neither Rain, Nor ... Okay Just Rain

A look out my window tells me that today is going to be cold and wet.

All is good though.  A trip to Church to hang with the Big Man Upstairs is in order and then a quick change into jeans and my favorite Converse tennis shoes for an afternoon of lunching (diet friendly of course) and shopping.

My weigh in, another loss going in the books, has been sent to Allan.  As always tomorrow is the official weigh in here at the old blog post.

I hope to get another run/walk in this evening if the weather permits.  If not, I will hop on the treadmill in the fitness center downstairs.

As for the accent, thank you ladies very much for your appreciation.  It is startling to me that I still retain so much of Virginia in my twang.  I was born there and moved to Texas prior to the age of 10.  Although I love my native state with all of its richness of history and beautiful scenery, I am a true Texan in my heart.

I'm off.  Coffee must be finished and a shower taken.

Have a great day!!!

6 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I have a very strong southern, mountain twang when I speak. Allan can verify this. I tried for years to get rid of it but it just seems to be ingrained deeply. I wonder sometimes if I moved to England I could pick up some properly spoken English? Until then I will wish y'all a good day. :)

Ak said...

Sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy! I love your accent, too! :)

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Bring on the Southern accents. I love 'em!

But keep the cold and wet. Me no likey dat. And i will say that some of the kindest, most compassionate, most hospitable, smartest, loveliest human beings I've had the pleasure to befriend are from Texas (whether they still live there or not). I have a warm spot for Texas cause of them.

My week was disappointing. I averaged LESs than 1200. But this happened last time I did 1200 for several days. I think my body just has to get out of caloric deficit shock and cope.Then it will be fine. :D

Later, happy Sunday!

the strawberry said...

Stay dry and warm- we don't want you getting the plague too, LOL! We're expecting snow/ice here in Memphis tonight, which means the city is probably going to shut down, and you'll have to drive to Kentucky for bread and milk ;)

On the accent- I LOVE hearing other accents, but I try not to mention I notice because some people take offense to that (like my MIL from Boston, LOL!). I've lived in Memphis my whole life, and my husband lived just outside Boston until 2 years ago. I'll never forget the first time he said "y'all" in front of his friends from Boston.. that was a great day!

Vegan Chick Pea said...

Congratulations on the loss! :) Stay warm out un-wet! But have fun shopping. ;)

sports league said...

nfl jerseys free shipping
cheap nhl jerseys

Post a Comment

Talk to me!