Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Non-Scale Victory: Yes I Am

This morning I was dragging slowly due to my first cold in three years and took the latest bus in to work I possibly could and still make it in on time. I haven't taken this bus in a long time and it had the same driver as the last time I took it.

Well, as I was getting off the bus to walk into my building she said, "can I ask you something?"

I turned around and said, "sure."

"Are you on a diet?", she asked.

I had such a rush of inner pride and told her that "yes, I am. I am doing Weight Watchers, eating vegetarian foods and I walk."

She then said, "Well, you look good!"

I love these types of encounters from people who saw me before my weight loss began but don't know that I am on a diet. It is my favorite kind of recognition because they have nothing to prompt them to ask me if I have lost weight other than seeing the difference in my size and shape.

It was a great start to my day in which I feel like utter crap.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great feeling that must be! So glad you can see how important encounters like this are! :)

purple_moonflower said...

Congrats! Isn't that such a great feeling. You should give yourself a pat on the back for all the great work that you doing! ;-)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!