Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cravings And Temptations

Yesterday was rife with cravings and temptations.

I went to the company picnic and the food was fajitas with all the fixings. Instead of consuming a high fat/high carb meal I opted for 6 oz of chicken, 1/3 cup diced tomatoes, a tsp of sour cream and about a tbsp of beans (no rice, chips, cheese or flour tortillas for me). Mexican food is my favorite food so I am extra proud of staying on plan.

Then last night I wanted ice cream and cookies so freaking bad. I don't keep such crap in my house for just that reason. When the cravings hit I would dive head first into the freezer. A sandwich shop is located just down stairs and around the corner from my apartment that has both ice cream and these chocolate/chocolate chip cookies that I <3 so much. It would have taken me 2 minutes to be at the counter and ordering. What did I do instead? I drank two full glasses of water and went to bed.

Change is hard.

But it is possible.

1 comment:

Jayne Doe said...

Good work resisting your cravings!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!