Monday, October 18, 2010

I Have To Get Up Early & Do What?

I am going to try something different this week.

Starting tomorrow I am going to get up early, hop on the treadmill and get my workout done early.  I had been working out in the evenings but with the change in seasons upon us and the dreaded Standard time looming I don't think I am going to be motivated enough to keep that schedule up.  I have Seasonal Affective Disorder and I can already feel the effects creeping in.

So in the effort not to become a winter couch potato I am going to have to get it done as soon as I can each day.

Alarm is set for 6:00 AM.

I am not a morning person until I have had a minimum of two mugs of coffee.

This should be so much fun. < / sarcasm>

Update:  I hate this time of year.  The SAD really messes with me.  I come home and want to fall into bed at 6:00 PM and then I can't sleep at all.  I got no sleep last night so my 6:00 AM workout did not happen.  I'm taking the morning off from work and do plan on getting on the treadmill before heading out.  I'm doing it, but it wasn't according to plan.  I'm a Virgo and I do love a plan.  So this change up irks me to no end.

7 comments:

Reading At The Beach said...

I'm not a morning person either, but if I don't exercise first thing, it probably won't happen. Good luck!

Kelly said...

Gross. I hate mornings. I'd never do a morning workout...I already get up at 5:30 to head to class in the mornings. And I am a bear until about 10. Gimme nights any day.

Jayne Doe said...

Are you taking extra Vitamin D? That is supposed to help (I've just started taking it over the past month).

Alissa said...

I used to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get my workout in. It really works and is great way to start the day- once you're out of bed. ;) I find my workout times change as my schedule changesAliss, etc. Right now, I'm working out in the evenings and it's working.

TheWomanInsideMe said...

Beach Reader, ain't that the truth. Thanks!

Kelly, I HATE mornings too. The only thing I want to do is meander blindly to the coffee pot and throw myself in the shower. The idea of working out that early is not an easy one. But the seasonal changes messes me up. So, an early riser and exerciser I shall be.

Jayne, I was just thinking about getting some. It can't hurt, right?

Alissa, it is the getting out of bed part that is the problem. But I have to do it early or it ain't happening.

shanilie said...

Ohhh I too am feeling the sadness. I feel like a hibernating bear but still need to find motivation to do regular exercise. You're right, with the time change looming ahead of us we will have to adjust our exercise regime. That is so great you have a treadmill you can use at home anytime.

Rachel said...

Kimberly, endorphins are seriously a wonder! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

I applaud and commend you for making a goal to run in the morning. I will make the same goal once I can walk, nevermind run lol. To tell the truth, I could probably go out of every morning and take a ten minute walk with my boot on. Hmmm, idea brewing. I think I've just been inspired. Thanks for that :D

-Raych
http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Talk to me!