Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weekend Fitness: Another Notch

I have exercised every day this week but I feel like it isn't as much as I wanted to do. Per the usual during the work week I walked the food court in my building and didn't put in any strength or high intensity cardio. So this weekend I am kicking it up another notch and doing a mini boot camp on myself.

The plan for both days is to do:
  • Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights : Level 1
  • Biggest Loser Cardio Max : Level 1
  • 1 set -15 reps with hand weights/kettlebell
  • Treadmill : 5 miles at 4 mph on a 4-5% incline
I've got to walk over to work this morning and grab my tennis shoes.  I forgot them last night as I made a mad dash for the bus to get to the grocery store.  I wanted to get my shopping done early because the weekend rush at Central Market is insane.  It is wall to wall people and nearly impossible to get my shopping done in under an hour no matter what is on my list, and I had a huge list this time because I was down to pretty much nothing at all.  That is a bad thing because if I don't have the right foods on hand it is really easy to make those little compromises and eat the wrong things.  Being Prepared = Being Successful for me.

Well I've got to finish my coffee and read the latest posts in blogland and then get to it.  I've got some sweating to do.

Have a great weekend y'all.

Saturday Update:  7:30 PM DONE.  I burned something close to 1500 calories today - I am pooped.  There is no way I was going to have what it takes to do the kettlebell DVD.

Sunday Update:  I smartened up today and did the Cardio Max DVD first. It is hard to move at full capacity when you are sore from all the walking. I waited until the Cowboys game came on to head down to the fitness center where I did 3.14 miles and I am done.  I had a plan, I did most of it.  I am sore but I feel good knowing that I didn't just put in a token gesture at exercise.  I worked.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's an awesome plan! Thank you for the comment on my blog, I'm very excited :)

Your treadmill goal is intense! I love it :D

-Raych
http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

Tim said...

Wow that is unbelievable! 1500 calories is amazing. Give yourself a huge pat on the back.

Tim

http://timmoyoungfatboythin.blogspot.com

TheWomanInsideMe said...

Tim, I would give myself a pat on the back but I am too sore to move. I did most but not all of the plan. I feel good about what I did do though.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!