Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Wanna Do Yoga!

Surprisingly I think I just became a fan of yoga.

The cool down session of Biggest Loser Cardio Max is all yoga and I feel great!

I am not the most graceful of people.  This isn't about being overweight.  This is just me.  I am a klutz with a capital K.  My shadow is always plotting to make me trip over it.  So I didn't think I would be any good at yoga.  It seems to be all about grace and form.  But I did it and I think I may have even done it well.

So now I am going to put my geek cap on.  Okay, it is always on because I am a massive geek on a great many levels but right now I am going to direct my geekdom at learning about yoga.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love yoga, it is surprisingly a good workout all on its own, relaxing and tiring. I downloaded a neat yoga app for my ipod touch, and it runs a session for you to follow.

Kimberly said...

Erin, I will check to see if there is an app for the droid. That is a great idea!

Honib1 said...

so biggest Loser has a yoga dvd out ?? I might have to check that out.. i have always wanted to do it... but I do not want to join a class.. doing it at home as a alternative to a off day at the gym.. might be fun..

Kimberly said...

Honib1, I love Bob. He explains everything so well. I am definitely getting this one. And yeah, SO not doing this in front of other people.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm new here :) Great blog! I really enjoy a good at home work out video. I'll have to give this one a try. I've never done yoga. :s Just browsing through weight/fitness blogs and I am now following you.

Please feel free to pop by my blob. I'd love a new follower

http://losingoverhalfofme.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Yoga can be a serious workout. I'm not sure where you're living, but I know there's something called Bikram Yoga. It's 23 poses or something and it's done in serious heat, which means you're sweating and I think it's very cleansing.

And if you start getting good at yoga, try mixing it up with some pilates. I took a class at some point called yoga-pilates and it's a lot of fun and adds a little bit of challenge to the yoga, but it doesn't overdo it! Good luck. And don't worry, onederland is not that far away.

-Raych
http://losingwithraych.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Talk to me!