Tuesday, December 30, 2008

10 Reasons To Lose 10 Pounds

Linda @ Operation Stick To It AND Kiki @ Overhauling Me tagged me with a meme - 10 reasons to lose 10 plus pounds (for some...Another 10 lbs!)

Rules:
List the 10 reasons why you are losing weight
Tag 5 other
Be sure to post these rules on your post
Be sure to link the blog that tagged you
See, simple, right? 

My reasons for losing 10 pounds + a whole lot more are:
  1. I want to live a long, healthy, happy life.  If I don't lose this weight  I won't get to have a life that is any of those things.
  2. At some point I think I might actually want to start dating again.  I want to be attractive to the type of men that I find attractive.  Sex is much easier that way, or so I am told.
  3. I want to take a backpacking trip through Europe.  I promised myself that I could go if I ever lost the weight.  I REALLY want to go.
  4. My father died earlier than he should have because of his excesses.  I don't want that to happen to me because of mine.
  5. I want to never look at any seat, booth or chair again and know that I am not going to fit into it without causing myself some serious embarassment, pain, and/or inability to breathe.
  6. I want to know what it is like to be able to put on a bathing suit and go the pool or the beach and not have to cover myself with a tee shirt and shorts because I don't want to sicken anyone else by the sight of me.
  7. Clothes.  I love them.  I want to be able to wear anything I want and know that I look good in it.
  8. I don't want to have another surgery to remove or repair an organ that was perfectly healthy at birth.  My gallbladder will be my only victim.
  9. I have found that I am quite addicted to the compliments I've gotten from people that see I am losing weight.  I want more!
  10. I want to lose weight most of all because I don't want anything in this life to beat me.  This wall of fat has kept me hidden away from the world long enough.  I am doing this on my own without surgery and I am doing it my way.
My Tag Team...

Bunny Trails @ Naturally Wandering
Wendi @ So Long Self

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Thanks for "meme" ing me! I'll have to do it right now! :)

Dani said...

Your list is phenomenal! They are beautifully written and profound! I truly hope they inspire you to continue on your journey Kimberly!! You are so close to your 100 pounds off!! Can I be like you when I grow up?? ;o) Many new year blessings!

Stages of Change said...

Excellent List. Geat to be in touch with the many reasons WHY we fight the good fight. Here's to a great '09!

Kimberly said...

sam, I like this meme because it asks you to dig deep and know why you are doing what you are doing.

Dani, thank you! It is all due to taking one day at a time and never thinking about the end goal because that is just too overwhelming to consider.

SoC, thanks. Yes, it is always good to know why we are fighting so hard for this thing. We can kick some fat ass in 2009 together.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!