Saturday, December 20, 2008

Food Log: 12.20.08

Saturday is my splurge day.  I can eat anything I want as long as I stay within my goal points range.  It is important for me to have this day so that I won't feel like I am trapped in diet hell never able to have any of the stuff I have always loved.  And I looooove Mexican food.  It is my desert island food.  You know the "if you could only take one thing to a desert island what would it be" question?  Mexican food is it for me.  I could eat that stuff morning, noon and night and never tire of it.  I'm a spicy food kind of gal and Houston has such an assortment of high quality Mexican food.

My goal today was to eat around 39 points.  I hit that right on the head.  So, tomorrow is a really low points day and I am aiming for about 11 points.  I guess I will see on Monday when I have my official weigh-in if adding a second high points/low points set of days bumps my loss up a pound or so.  I think it will.  Unless this feeling of lethargy, instead of being blue over my non-trustworthy friend, is actually pre-pre-PMS in which case I am going to maintain instead of lose any more.  I'll see.

I really need to stop this whole cookie thing though.  They add nothing to my diet and can only lead to really bad things.  I am so not going there.  I've done too well for too long to slip up now. And as far as I am concerned sugar is just as bad as fat and high calories.

foodww points
d: tortilla chips [1 basket] *chachos* 11
d: guacamole [6 oz] *chachos* 6
d: bean & cheese tacos [2] *chachos* 14
s: coffee w/ skim milk [2 - 16 oz] *central market* 2
s: chocolate chip & macadamia cookies [2] *central market* 6
Total:39

Table provided by Roni's Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator.

My food log @ Twitter is twim_food for anyone that wants to follow it there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum. I am a Mexican FREAK! It would be my dessert island food as well.

I do the 'splurge one day' routine as well. It really keeps me from feeling bored and frustrated. I also think it keeps my body from not getting stuck in a rut. I'm interested to see how the high/low plan works for you. If it works ... I'll try anything :) How in the world do you stick to 11 pts only?

Kimberly said...

The high/low plan seems to work well and has yielded good results every time I've done it. An 11 points day isn't really all that hard. I just settle down for the day and really focus on something and before I know it it is 5:00 and I can have my one meal of the day. That is just a normal day for me on Sunday. I always get so wrapped up in whatever it is I am working on or doing that I don't want to do much else.

Rebecca said...

Oh Kimberly, I sooo love Mexican food! I moved this year from Southern CA and I miss the amazing Mexican food so much. Your food today sounded so good! There is just no Mexican food in Ireland! That's probably a good thing though!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!