Thursday, December 18, 2008

Slow And Steady: Perception Vs. Reality

I started this weight loss blog on October 24th of this year. I had already lost 62 pounds and felt like it was safe to start another blog because I'd clearly passed the point in which I would ditch the diet and return to my former bad girl ways of eating really crappy food and not moving an inch.

In my quest to achieve success, I have abandoned all of my previous tried and didn't work strategies and gone in a completely different direction. It has paid off.

One of those things that I used to do before was focus heavily on the end goal - where did I want to end up in my perfect world when I'd lost all the weight I wanted to lose. I no longer do that and instead focus solely on today.

What is the goal today? The goal is to eat right (low calorie, low fat, low sugar, high fiber). The goal is to move my voluminous rear end off the couch and get some exercise.

In doing just that I have not really paid too much attention to where I've already been. So, it was a great shock to me, as I looked back to October 24th, how much weight I have lost just since I've started the blog - a total of 18 pounds! That is astonishing. It tells me that my former perception of small losses never leading anwhere is false. Small losses add up over time. Slow and steady works. That is my new reality.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A someone who started exactly where you started... you are a real inspiration! You are doing so well :) Thanks for sharing your journey!

Rebecca said...

18lbs since October is so amazing! I love how your goal 2 was lose 3.8 lbs! Looks like you have really got into a rhythm! Keep it up! I have been so enjoying your posts. :)

Chews to Lose said...

I love reading your blog. You've got such great insight on weight loss. I am encouraged with each entry you make. You stay positive and don't dwell on the little things. As Bunny Trails said - you are a real inspiration!

Danielle said...

Hey! Thanks for the encouragement. I really like the slow and steady. It seems to work the best... Frantic and anxious... not so much.

I look forward to following your story.

Kimberly said...

You guys are great! Thanks for all of the wonderful comments. I cannot believe that anyone thinks I am inspirational in this diet thing. It all a bit surreal. I am still swoony over PastaQueen's accomplishments. She is the reason I am even doing this today because her journey gave me hope that I could actually do this.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!