Monday, December 29, 2008

On Target

I did something last night that I haven't done in at least a decade and a half. I bought clothes from Target.

I bought four pairs of pants:

1. Mossimo Black Plus Charcoal Striped Trousers
2. Merona Plus Plaid Pants Blue
3. Merona Plus Bramble Tan Calvary Twill Pants
4. Merona Plus Corduroy Pants Grey

I've needed new pants for a few months now because every pair that I own are baggy. I am walking around looking dumpy because I've lost so much weight that the fabric drapes off of me. I am starting to walk on the bottoms of most of them. I tripped over my own pants last week so much I thought I was going to hurt myself. While losing weight and having clothes too big for me is a good thing, it looks terrible and is starting to be a little dangerous.

The pants were on sale and, because I refuse to pay for shipping, I got all four pair for $85 and some change. So, I got new pants that will fit from a store that hasn't been an option for me in at least 15 years and I saved money. It is a really good feeling all around.

11 comments:

DeeBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

That's awesome!!!!

Dani said...

I signed your blog with the wrong log in and now it makes it look like I changed my mind. What DeeBee wanted to saw was WTG!! :o) I love shopping at Target and can't wait to do it more often...you've inspired me!! Enjoy your pants! ;o)

Jenni said...

AWESOME! That must have felt so good! Congratulations!

Mom of Two Boys said...

Nice pants! And you got a good price for them too. WTG, Kimberly.

Chews to Lose said...

That is terrific. I can't wait to be able to shop anywhere. Great job!!!

Danielle said...

It is nice to treat yourself to some new clothes! You deserve it! You have lost a bunch of weight and you deserve it! Imagine all of the clothes you are going to buy in the near future because of all of the shrinking that is going on!

Danielle said...

You know that is funny that you mentioned a flame thrower... My husband and I were talking about that on Christmas with our friends at dinner... When I read your idea I was cracking up because you could have been at the table with us! We have all kinds of terrible ideas for snow removal that probably would take the house with it! HA!

Overhauling-Me said...

Wow, that's awesome! I look forward to being able to buy clothes from any store I walk into. It WILL happen. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

-DonnaLynn, in newly re-electrified Hawaii

Kimberly said...

Thanks for all of the congrats you guys. And to the newbie commenters, welcome. I will be visiting your blogs in the next day or so. My days at work are CRAZY right now because of end of year reporting.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!