Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: That's A Wrap

I am not going to write a long, eloquent end of year post and wax nostalgic.

I am not going to bloviate on all of my plans for 2009.

What I will do is celebrate:
  • I am leaving 2008 a whole lot lighter than I started it
  • I have established real, consistent changes in my lifestyle
  • I look and feel better than I ever have in my life

There will be no New Year's Resolutions from me. I don't believe in them because they put undue pressure on people to be perfect and nobody ever lives up to that.

My plans for 2009 do not include resolution, but merely a commitment to continue what was started in 2008:

  • eat a rich and healthy diet filled with all of the fruits, grains, vegetables and beans that I can handle
  • make exercise a top, non-negotiable, priority in my life
  • look for new ways to make a happier and healthier me
  • never beat myself up for slipping and always pick myself up when I do
  • face each new day with enthusiasm to stick to the plan
That, in a nutshell, is how I feel about 2008 and what I aim to do in 2009. I hope you will join me in this endeavor. I love the constant stream of support that I have found here on the world wide web. I would love to have you along for the ride.

Happy New Year!

    5 comments:

    Becky said...

    Happy New Year to you too! I noticed you lost a LOT of weight and wanted to say CONGRATS!!!!

    Chews to Lose said...

    I'm with you - no resolutions. Just a new way to live. I think you have a great plan & I'm going to take some of your commitments and make them my own.

    Happy 2009!!!

    Overhauling-Me said...

    I'm hitching a ride with you! I LOVE your attitude!

    Happy New Year!

    Kimberly said...

    Becky, thank you. I still haven't wrapped my mind around the amount of weight I've lost. It is still pretty freaking surreal.

    Chews to Lose, my plan is just what works for me. I made it as stress free and simple as possible and it works. 2009 should be a very good year.

    Kiki, attitude is everything in this pursuit. It makes things much easier to accomplish when I'm not feeling defeated all the time. I'm glad you found my blog.

    Danielle said...

    The changes you have made in 2008 are amazing. It seems like you have transformed yourself in so many ways. I am glad that I have the privilege of following along with your journey!

    Post a Comment

    Talk to me!