Sunday, December 14, 2008

Me: The Mundane, The Painful & The Weird

Mara @ 24 steps to go, tagged me with a meme, here are the rules:

1) Link to your tagger and list all these rules in your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by including links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Okay, now what can I tell y'all without putting you to sleep before you reach #7?

1. I have a barbed wire scar that runs the full length of the underside of my left arm. I acquired it in the 2nd grade when a boy pushed me into a barbed wire fence during recess.

2. I flunked Clothing in high school. The project I was working on - a dotted swiss shell shirt - required a button. I was frustrated with the process and attempted to make a button hole with a pair of scissors, stabbed myself in the finger and had to go to the emergency room.

3. I cannot whistle. I've tried time and again but it never comes out right.

4. I'm a political junkie. I've been one since childhood and my first political memory is of attempting to stay up late enough to see who won the race between Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. I failed at that attempt because I was sent to bed on time anyway. The first thing I asked the next morning was "who won"?

5. 24 is my favorite show on television. It will return next month for the first time since May 2007. That is a long time to go without Jack Bauer and some guy they said was dead, but a whole lot of people never really believed was, is returning. Squee!

6. John Steinbeck is my favorite author. He is so quintessentially American.

7. I have a high tolerance for pain. I absorb it very well and rarely make a sound when I am hurt. My mom accidentally slammed my thumb in a car trunk when I was a kid and never knew it until she saw me put ice on it.

Are you still awake? I hope so.

This is actually the toughest part of the meme - picking my tagees. Who shall it be?

Tagees to TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!