Monday, December 22, 2008

WSR: Weight 289.6 - Weight Left To Lose 119.6

Height: 5'7"
Age: 40

Starting Weight: 370 lbs
Goal Weight: 170 lbs

Current Weight: 289.6 lbs
Pounds Lost: 80.4 lbs
Pounds Left To Lose: 119.6 lbs

Percent Of Weight Lost: 21.73%
Percent Of Way To Goal: 40.20%

Starting BMI: 57.9
Current BMI: 45.4
BMI Lost: 12.5

I started out the week at 291.8 and achieved a loss of 2.2 pounds. I am thrilled with that loss especially considering the time of year that it is where everyone seems to yield to the idea that is okay to wolf down cookies and candies and various other treats like it is the last time they will ever eat in their lives. I've largely resisted that urge and come out lighter for it.

I don't know what it is about the 119.6 weight that seems to please me so much. I guess it is because I have less than 20 pounds to lose until I have lost a total of 100 pounds. It is quite surreal because I've not been focused on the end goal and to know that I am thatclose to losing 100 pounds is amazing to me.

This week I plan on eating normally, between 25-30 points worth of food daily. I want to trick my body into thinking that everything is okay and it can return to not thinking it is being starved. I will resume the high points/low points plan next week. Did anyone know about the Wendie Plan? I didn't know that what I had naturally stumbled onto was an actual plan. Hmm. Well, it seems to work for me and I will definitely keep using this strategy, albeit not as regularly as the Wendie Plan seems to support.

7 comments:

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

That's awesome! congrats! You're almost at the half way point!

Rebecca said...

Way to go with resisting the holiday treats! I can tell you feel real proud today and so you should! Great weight loss Kimberly!

Stages of Change said...

Thanks for your kind words, and CONGRATULATIONS on your success so far. It does most definetely feel good to lose during the holidays especially after years of only gaining during this time. Anyway, thanks again and have a happy and healthy holiday!

Kimberly said...

Linda, thank you. I'm almost halfway done with this weight loss. It is just so unbelievable.

Rebecca, you have no idea how proud I feel. I've always been a slave to food and to have so many treats float in front of me for the entire month and I mostly turned them down is an incredible feeling.

SoC, you are welcome. I will definitely be keeping track of your progress. Your honesty is really going to serve you well in this pursuit. If we bring the ugly truth out into the open then it helps us to defeat it.

Unknown said...

Kimberly, your stats and YOU are such an inspiration to me!!! I want to be you when I grow up :) Seriously, thanks for sharing your journey! As a girl who has very similar stats to you.... it's great to see your progress!!! You are my hero :)

Kimberly said...

Bunny Trails, thank you! Gosh it is like you are talking to someone else though. I guess it takes us a long time to catch up emotionally to the physical reality when such a large amount of weight is lost. I still feel like that 370 pound woman on the inside even though I look far different on the outside than before.

Anonymous said...

Congrats for your weight loss success! I too have adopted a weight loss program through Weight Watchers to achieve my goal for it.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!