Saturday, December 11, 2010

C25K: Week 3, Day 1

Walking Training LogTonight's training session consisted of two 3 minutes runs.  They weren't too taxing.  The hardest thing for me at this point is remembering to breathe.  Breathing helps refresh you and give you more power when working out.  I tend to want to hold my breath.  Go figure.

Did you know there was a special way to breathe while running?  I didn't.
  • Try to take three footstrikes for every inhale, and two footstrikes for every exhale.
  • As a beginner, try to run at a pace at which you can breathe easily. Use the "talk test" to figure out if your pace is appropriate. You should be able to speak in full sentences, without gasping for air.
  • Slow down or walk if you're running out of breath. If you relax and slow the pace, breathing problems often take care of themselves.

Today's playlist can be found @ last.fm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!