Monday, December 6, 2010

WSR: Weight 237.4 - Weight Left To Lose 67.4

Height: 5'7"
Age: 42

Starting Weight: 370.0 lbs
Goal Weight: 170.0 lbs

Current Weight: 237.4 lbs
Pounds Lost: 132.6 lbs
Pounds Left To Lose: 67.4 lbs

Percent Of Weight Lost: 35.84%
Percent Of Way To Goal: 66.30%

Starting BMI: 57.9
Current BMI: 37.2
BMI Lost: 20.7

This week's loss (1 lb) brought me the lowest weight I have been since I seriously started to take off the weight on June 18th, 2008.  This weight loss business, it ain't easy.  You have to change how you eat, how you move and how you think.  The last being the hardest of all.  I know it is tough.  I am doing it.  There are days when I stumble across something in my head that is holding me back and I think "are you kidding me?"  But the payoff ladies and gents is huge.  Doing all that hard work gets you to where you want to be - a happier, healthier, thinner person. 

If you are stumbling or not seeing the results that you want to see then you have to rip everything apart and see where you are going wrong.  I advise that you set about reading about salt or sugar's impact on weight loss (or the lack thereof).  I advise that you cut out the processed foods from your diet and focus on fresh, whole food.  It makes an enormous difference.  I advise that you get some form of activity in your daily life.  Walking is free and easy and doesn't take a lot of effort.  At 370 lbs I started out walking 3 blocks, 3 times a week.  Now?  I am starting to run.  That is progress.  That is true change.

One small step at a time gets you there.  What is holding you back?  Is it because you think you can eat like a fat person or not move?  You won't lose weight that way.  I know because I tried for 20 years to do it.  It don't work.  Lose the 100 calorie packs, lose the unnecessary high carby treats, grab your tennis shoes and lets go.  If I could get this message out to everyone that is like I used to be it would make my heart sing.  I know the darkness and the despair.  I know what it is like to think you are going to die a morbidly obese person with no hope at all in your heart.  Take a look at what you are doing.  Take a look at what you can improve.  Remove the bad.  Embrace the good.  You can do this.  If I can do this, anyone can do this.

On the fitness side of things for me I successfully finished week 1 of C25K and began another one.  I feel good where I am stamina and endurance wise.  The third and fourth week are going to be more of a challenge and I am looking forward to them and seeing how well I can do.

14 weeks back on plan and 39.6 lbs lost.
6 weeks on the DDDYC and 13.6 lbs lost.

Onward and downward y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!