Saturday, November 27, 2010

C25K: Day 1

I just completed Day 1 of the C25K training plan.  It was a breeze.

The plan only required me to run for 1 minute at a time and I just logged a 6 minute run on my own on Thursday.  All of the prep work I've been doing has built up my endurance.  So now as I follow the training plan I am already ahead of it in terms of stamina and fitness.

It was weird running on pavement vs. a treadmill.  The ground seemed to have more give under my feet.  I have been advised by some runners that I know that if I am going to run in a 5K that I have to put in time off-treadmill because of the differences.  It is a beautiful day so that I thought I would take advantage and get cracking on some actual road time.

I felt awkward running in public like that but strangely confident at the same time.

I'm a runner!  How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!