Monday, November 15, 2010

A New, Brighter Outlook

Today was a much better day emotionally than I have had in a long time.  Yesterday I went to church and had lunch with my friend that used to be my boss and my friend but is now 100% my friend.  Did you get all of that?

We talked about the issue that has been plaguing me for a while now, of which she has firsthand experience, and it was great to get a new perspective.  I faced today with a renewed outlook and it was such a relief to not have to carry something that I just don't have any control over right now.  All I can be is me.  All I can do is the right thing.  You know what?  I can handle that.  I also now know that I am not alone in this and that gives me strength.

I have also been informed that I have two new siblings.  I've been adopted by my friend/former boss/now 100% friend and her partner.  He and I share a similar, difficult background.  It is cool to know that we are all family now.

Another thing that has seriously helped my mood and energy level is the addition of Vitamin D to my daily routine.  I am taking 5000 IUs a day and it has helped me tremendously with eradicating the effects of the seasonal affective disorder.  Thanks, once again, Princess Dieter!  Any other supplements I should take?  I am all ears because the last two you suggested are working out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!