Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving: The Reckoning

I did good today. 1727 calories consumed. 590 calories burned.  I saw Thanksgiving and I kicked its ass if I do say so myself.  And I do.  I really, really do.

veggie sausage & tangerinesBreakfast (314 calories):
MorningStar Farms Breakfast Patties (2)
Tangerines (2)
Coffee w/ Unsweetened Soy Milk (3 mugs)





Muenster cheeseSnack (153 calories):
Muenster cheese slices (2)







grilled salmon, roasted green beans and brussel sprouts & mashed acorn squash w/ blue cheeseLunch/Dinner (1260 calories):
Grilled Salmon Paprika (Recipe: The Pioneer Woman)
Roasted Green Bean Almondine
Roasted Brussel Sprouts (Recipe: GreenLiteBites)
Mashed Acorn Squash w/ Blue Cheese

Five and a half hours later and I am still stuffed.


I signed up for the Virtual Turkey Trot at Daily Mile.  All you had to do was run, walk or bike a 5K today and donate to the Saint Jude's Children's hospital.  I had planned on getting on the treadmill anyway, so why not donate to a worthy cause at the same time?

Today's workout saw two of my personal bests.  I walked the longest distance in a hour (3.40 miles) and I ran my longest single run (6 minutes).  3.4 miles per hour also seems to be my baseline now.  I can do that rate of speed relatively easy so I am going to amp it up to 3.6 miles per hour tomorrow and see how that goes.

How did everyone's Thanksgiving turn out?  Did you make smart choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!